Do you drink the same type of coffee every morning? Are you looking for a new type of coffee to drink? While you might seem stuck with the same type of coffee flavour, did you know that there are tons of different coffee options out there – and it all boils down to the coffee beans!
The Top Coffee Choices You’ll Love
Everyone loves their daily dose of caffeine, most of us can’t event start our day without it. However, not many of us actually know how many kinds of coffee there are. Let’s fill this gap of knowledge with some information about our morning heart starters.
- Cappuccino: The ‘Cap’ is one of the most common types of coffee, one you can find in every café out there. This foamy coffee is traditionally sprinkled with chocolate powder and served in ceramic cups. It originated in Italy and is made of coffee essence that is mixed with milk. The great thing about Cappucino is that there quite a bit of room for modification. You may make it using whole or non fat milk and even soy milk to change the flavor. In many cases, you may also find your cappuccino season with cinnamon, nutmegs etc for added flavor.
- Espresso: Again of Italian origin, Espresso translates to “Express”. As we can make out from the name, a cup of espresso can give you a big jolt of energy to get through the day. The simplest form of Espresso is made by boiling a small amount of water and forcing it under pressure through fine coffee beans. Today, you can easily find an espresso machine at the smallest of cafeterias. The espresso is slightly thicker than your usual brewed coffee, since more coffee is used than you would in your brew.
- Brewed coffee: Most of us need a quick and effective caffeine hit to start functioning. For this reason, drip coffee makers have entered our homes. All you need to do is put the coffee grounds in the basket, add water and press the button. A cup of brewed coffee takes literally less than 5 minutes to make. Apart from being one of the quickest, this is also one of the most energy rich kinds of coffee. However, many find the taste too strong and bitter.
- Café Latte: This is the kind you get in cafes with all that art work on the foam. The latte is made of espresso, hot or steamed milk and a little bit of foam. While ordering a latte, you can be assured of a smooth, not-so-bitter taste. While the latte may seem a little similar to espresso, the main difference is the amount of foam and sometimes the size of the drink. While most cafes out there give make ferns and petals on the foam, some may even create a unique design for you. Traditionally, the Latte is served in a porcelain cup which keeps the drink warm. If you want to make the perfect latte at home, you may have to spend on some expensive, high quality espresso.
- Macchiato: Macchiato is espresso with a spot of milk, and thus appropriately translates to “spotted” or “stained”. Instead of adding it straight away, the milk is first foamed. This provides for a beautiful layer on top of your coffee. The Macchiato is one of the few kinds of coffee that can be served hot as well as cold. It is also a great option for those who find the taste of espresso to be too bitter and that of cappuccino to be too light and milky.
- Americano: An American coffee is hot water infused with a shot of Espresso. The amount of espresso is as much as that of the water, so some may find the taste too bitter. The Americano is believed to have originated in the US during the World War II. Years ahead, not only Americans but a considerable number of world’s coffee drinking population consumes the Americano.
- Frappe: This chilled coffee drink is made with the help of a blender. The Frappe has a lot of room for customization and can be infused with flavors like chocolate and others. For a perfect yet simple glass of Frappe, you need extra strength coffee or coffee ice cubes. This cold beverage usually has a scoop of vanilla ice cream added to it to make it more flavorful. If you’re too used to your daily dose of espresso, you may find the taste of a frappe too sweet.
You need to taste them all to know which one you like the most. Some are bitter and some have a subtle taste. The most popular ones are perhaps Café Latte and Americano. With so many choices, your mornings would never be the same again!